Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Belated 8-Track

Normally, the Saturday 8-Track would be reserved for Saturday. But I was a tad busy, so better late than never. The theme is basically about the weekend: Eight bands in four nights, with lots of beer. Lots.

mp3: Guided by Voices - How's My Drinking?

But man, what a blast. So, here's your mix, from Friday to Monday.

Friday night, new friends Coyote Eyes played a stellar set at Cameo.
mp3: Coyote Eyes - Clumsy

Saturday, I went to check out Fires of Rome (a friend's brother's band) at Church Lounge.
mp3: Fires of Rome - Dawn Lament

Sunday, The Antlers, Papercuts and Vetiver at Bowery Ballroom. I don't think this show needs any further commentary.
mp3: The Antlers - The Universe is Going to Catch You
mp3: The Papercuts - You Can Have What You Want
mp3: Vetiver - More of This

Monday I went to see friends Phantogram bring it at Santos, and had a couple pleasant surprises.
mp3: Phantogram - Voices
mp3: Big Bang TV - Hollywood
mp3: Free Blood - Grumpy

I'm exhausted recapping that.

Enjoy.


PS - New segment tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment