Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The Weekender - Indie-pendence Day Celebration

Well after a week away, I'm back with more on my plate than ever. My little project is taking off, the kids are gaining a lot of steam, and I'm going through a lot of "be careful for what you wish for." But, I'm fairly pleased at all the good that's come my way so far.

Here's a trio of groups for you to join on Facebook if you haven't already:
On Another Note
Pet Ghost Project
Swimming in Speakers

And just a little FYI, I have three interviews I'll be posting over the next few weeks I think you'll enjoy, and a couple more I am writing now. Let's get to the weekender! It's a holiday, so there's not as much going on, but plenty still to do, including another smashing performance by Julie Peel at Bar 4 on July 3, and Pet Ghost Project at Cake Shop on Independence Day. Quite a bit different than my July 4th last year.

Tonight!
Harlem Shakes, and Motel Motel at Bowery Ballroom
Listen: Harlem Shakes - Strictly Game
Listen: Motel Motel - Coffee

Thursday
The Feelies at Maxwell's (Hoboken)
Listen: The Feelies - Sooner or Later

Jay Reatard at Music Hall of Williamsburg
Listen: Jay Reatard - It Ain't Gonna Save Me

Friday
Julie Peel at Bar 4
Listen: Julie Peel - Unfold

Real Estate at Bruar Falls
Listen: Real Estate - Beach Comber

Casiotone for the Painfully Alone at Market Hotel
Listen: Casiotone for the Painfully Alone - Bobby Malone Moves Home

Papercranes at Le Poisson Rouge
Listen: Papercranes - Treasure

Sonic Youth at United Palace Theater
Listen: Sonic Youth - Sacred Trickster

Here We Go Magic, and Bachelorette at South Street Seaport
Listen: Here We Go Magic - Tunnelvision
Listen: Bachelorette - Mindwarp

Saturday, Independence Day
Pet Ghost Project, El Jezel, Mixtape and Quiet Loudly at Cake Shop!
Listen: Pet Ghost Project - Age of Automatics
Listen: El Jezel - Do You Love Me Now
Listen: Quiet Loudly - Over the Balcony

Conor Oberst, and Jenny Lewis at Battery Park
Listen: Conor Oberst and the Mystic Valley Band - Slowly (Oh So Slowly)
Listen: Jenny Lewis - Pretty Bird

No comments:

Post a Comment